As a small business owner, creating daily goals is important. When you begin each day with a specific goal in mind, it’s easier to effectively manage your time. Break this goal down into separate tasks, then arrange them by priority. Take a look at some easy yet effective time management hacks that you can use to get more out of your work day:
Schedules and Deadlines
- Once you’ve looked into your daily goals and list of tasks in the morning, don’t forget to take quick breaks while you work.
- Plan ahead for the week to come and do your best to avoid surprise appointments or distractions. Using time-management tools such as Evernote and Google Calendar are great at helping people stay organized both in and out of the office.
- Schedule time to plan and think. When you separate planning time from execution, you are able to complete tasks faster.
- Set your own deadline. If someone else sets a deadline for you, schedule your own before the official one.
Your Brain’s Best Hours
- Make the most of your brain’s peak hours. Many studies have shown that our optimal time of productivity starts 2 hours after waking up, and lasts for around two hours each day.
- Do your best to wake up the same time each day to get on a consistent schedule.
- Schedule your most brain-intensive tasks during the peak hours.
- As much as possible, limit caffeine intake to after the 2-hour window of morning productivity.
The Truth About Multi-Tasking
- Focus on one task at a time. The downsides to multitasking is so much more than its benefits.
- You achieve so much more when you work on one task at a time.
- Schedule your tasks in 1-hour intervals. Most people find that tasks done in one-hour intervals with a 15-minute break really helps their productivity.
- If possible, set goals for your 15-minute breaks, such as reviewing calls made during the day, getting feedback from employees or going for a walk.
Taking the proper time to manage and plan out your hours can help your day become less stressful and more efficient. Try these time management tips to make the most of your working hours and you’ll soon reach your goals much quicker!